1. Title and commencement (1) These rules may be called the Karnataka Appellate Tribunal Rules, 1979. (2) They shall come into force at once. .
2. Definations:-In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires, (a) 'Act' meins the Karnataka Appellate Tribunal Act, 1976 (Karnataka Act No. 10 of 1976). (b) 'Bench' means a Bench or a Full Bench consti-tuted under Section 6 or Section 7 of the Act. (c) 'Chairman' means the Chairman of the Karna-taka Appellate Tribunal. >--! (d) 'Secretary' means the Secretary of the Karna-taka Appellate Tribunal and includes an additional SecreŽtary, a Joint Secretary, a Deputy Secretary and an Assistant Secretary.
3. Appointment of Secretary and other officers to the Tribunal:-There shall be a Secretary to the Tribunal who shall be appointed by the State Government. The State Government xnay if it deems fit, appoint one or more officers designated as Additional/Joint/Deputy/ Assistant Secretaries to the Tribunal who shall discharge such duties of the Secretary as may be entrusted to him by the Chairman.
4. Powers of Government to call for information reports, etc:-The Tribunal shall furnish such information, reports, statistics and returns regarding the working of the Tribunal as may be called for by the State GovernŽment from time to time.
5. Sittings of the Tribunal at other places:- The sittings of the Tribunal at places notified under section 4 (2) of the Act shall be at such intervals as the Chairman may from time to time determine. .
6. Powers of the Chairman:-The Chairman shall have power- (a) to constitute Benches from among the members of the Tribunal including himself; (b) to designate any member to act for any of the purposes of these rules; (c) to distribute business- among the Benches and to "transfer appeals or applications from one Bench to another Bench; (d) to convene meetings of the members of the Tribunal for considering any question connected with the functions and work of the Tribunal. .
7. Seal of the Tribunal :- The Tribunalshall use a circular seal of "2" diameter which shall bear the Kama-! taka Government Emblem with the following inscription in Kannada and English.-"KARNATAKA APPELLATE TRIBUNAL"
8, Office hours and holidays:- The Office of the TriŽ bunal shall obserw Office hours generally prescribed by the State Government for Government Offices,TIt shall remain closed on Sundays and on such other holidays as may be declared by the State Government for Government Offices,
9. Payment of Process Fees:In respect of process to
be issued from the Tribunal, the fee shall be payable by the party at whose instance such process is to be served. Such fee shall be paid in the form of Court fee stamps at the rates specified below-Ordinary: For each summons or notice to be sent by registered post or by"Muddam Rs. 4.
Emergent When required.to be sent immediately by registered post or by Muddam Rs, 8.
No process shall be issued unless the prescribed fee is duly paid. Emergent process shall be issued only when so directed by the Bench. If the prescribed fee in respect of emergent process is not paid on the very day or as ordered by the Bench as or not later than 12 noon on the following working day, the emergent process shall not be issued. .
10. Summons, notices etc. to be signed by the Secretary:-Every summons, notices or other process and every authenticated copy of the order or decision or certified copy of judgement shall be signed by the Secretary or such other officer of the Tribunal as the Chairman may authorise in writing and shall beat the official seal of the Kamataka Appellate Tribunal.
11. Member not to hear a case in which he has per-sonal interest:- No member shall hear any appeal or application in which he has any personal interest